Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Road Not Taken

So I am sitting at my computer and thinking, I don't have anymore 15 page papers to write, lesson plans to come up with, or projects (that I thought was a paper, it's a long story, I'll tell you later if you ask me) to do. What am I going to do. Then it got me thinking about the many things that have changed in my life this semester as well as the changes that have gone inside of me. This semester I have learned so much about how to teach children, especially literacy as well as how to manage them in a classroom. But besides all of the pedagogy, I have learned what it means to be a true friend, how to love others after only knowing them for 2 days, and best of I have learned to have patience with myself and the Lord. 
Some of you may know that after last semester was over I was done with my ward and my apartment complex. I wanted to move and live somewhere else, but something told me to stay, so I did. I am so glad that I did, it may have been easier to leave and start all over, but I continued with something that I started. This part of my life reminds me of the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost ( I had to memorize the poem in the 5th grade).


I am so glad that I took the road not taken, it may have been harder, and tiring, but I have learned so many things that it is absolutely incredible and I would never take any of it back. I just wanted to thank everyone (roommates, friends, girls in my classes because there are no boys, and my family) for making these past four months incredible and amazing!
I really want to post a picture of my class that I was in for four weeks on here, but I cannot because of the FERPA laws. Sorry. But those kids taught me so much and I will forever be in debt to them. Well I hope you all had a wonderful semester and learned so much!! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle!! I'm SO glad you didn't leave. You have been a wonderful roommate, and I'm so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete