Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Have a Love for Comics

So I open up my email today and I see that my brother Jeff has sent me this comic:





And yes there is a really funny story behind it, because there always is.
My brother Jeff, our friend Michael, and myself were at I-HOP in Cedar City on a Saturday morning. We had just had an incredible week at EFY (Especially for Youth) at SUU in Cedar. We were having breakfast at I-HOP because the program does not feed you breakfast on Saturday morning so we decided to go to I-HOP. Myself and Michael order fine and then it comes to Jeff........ he orders a meal that contains eggs. The waiter asks Jeff how he wants his eggs. She was referring to scrambled, sunny side up, etc. Jeff answers: COOKED! Everyone at the table busts up laughing except for my brother because he thought his answer was valid and completely normal. Well the waiter was taken back a little bit and then clarifies that she means scrambled, sunny side up, etc. Well that is why my brother sent me this comic, because I constantly remind him about the story and it is just a joke that we have with each other. This was one of the sunny parts of my day when it was raining and gloomy outside.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to me that your interpretation of actions is slightly wrong, actually I take that back, they were wrong. You would think by now that you would know me better. I do sarcastic things like that all the time for humoric affect. My response of "Cooked," was simply a laugh for all of us. I knew that I wanted scrambled eggs all along. This reminds of when I was driving in Cedar City while I still had my permit (ironic isn't it that both of these incidents occurred in the same city). Anyways I ways entering the freeway and was about to merge however there was this big orange semi in my and I determined that there wasn't enough room or means to pass it. Thus, I slowed down in order for it to pass, but not enough for then you yelled my name and instructed me to stop, then we got on the freeway. To this day, you and mom claim that I was trying to pass it, while in reality, I wanted it to pass me. I'm sorry for such a long comment, but these things needed to be straightened out. Also I urge you not to go into psychology for you may misinterpret people's intents in their actions.

    ReplyDelete